How can mallowstreet help me?
By joining mallowstreet you are granted instant access to our community of over 4,000 of your industry peers, this makes it the ideal place for you to:
1. Build relationships: find and connect with your peers and expand your professional network.
2. Access top quality education: mallowstreet hosts a wealth of educational content, both on and offline, to help develop your understanding of the ever-changing pensions and insurance industries.
3. Collaborate with your peers: mallowstreet harnesses the wisdom of the crowd and can help you to achieve your goals more efficiently by learning from the experiences and thoughts of others.
4. Increase your distribution: build your brand, distribute your research, and share your expertise with a willing and engaged audience.
If you are a professional in the institutional pensions or insurance industries, you can get involved in a number of different ways: post articles, contribute to conversations, watch and upload videos, browse services and solutions, access our research library of papers, earn and track CPD points (both the mallowstreet site and our portfolio of events are PMI accredited), make new connections and build your network.
Who can join mallowstreet?
mallowstreet is designed for professionals in the institutional pensions and insurance industries. There are four key groups of people who use mallowstreet: Trustees/Insurance Asset Owners, Advisers, Investment Team members, Expert Contributors and Solution Providers.
Trustees/ Insurance Asset Owners: 33% of the total community. This includes Chief Investment Officers, Investment Committee Members, Trustees, Corporate Sponsors, Internal Advisers, HR Directors, Pensions Managers and Scheme Secretaries.
Advisers and Consultants: 49% of the total community. This includes Actuaries, Administrators, Investment Consultants and Lawyers
Expert Contributors: 14% of the total community. This includes Academics, Industry Bodies and Researchers, such as the Pensions and Lifetime Savings Association (PLSA), Association of British Insurers (ABI), Pensions Management Institute (PMI), The Pension Regulator (TPR), Department of Work and Pensions (DWP), Institute and Faculty of Actuaries. All expert contributors are permitted access at mallowstreet’s discretion
Solution Providers: 14% of the total community. This includes: Asset Managers, Buyout Providers, Investment Banks, Hedge Funds, Funds of Funds.
mallowstreet is strictly for industry professionals; as such, we do not allow journalists or recruiters onto mallowstreet.
Do I have to pay to be a member of mallowstreet?
mallowstreet is FREE for Pension Fund Decision-Makers, Insurance Asset Owners, Advisers and Expert Contributors.
The mallowstreet business model is based a subscription service paid by Solution Providers*.
Many of these companies have made significant investments over the last few years in order to get their ideas and products in front of prospective clients. For these members, mallowstreet provides a much more effective way of achieving this objective. In return, we ask them to provide education and insight into key developments in the industry, collaborate with the wider community and take an active part in the general conversations. These Solution Providers will receive a dedicated account manager to assist with any queries using/posting to the mallowstreet site. They will also receive a monthly statistics package detailing how their postings have been received by the community.
*When we say ‘Solution Providers’, we are referring to any company providing services or products to the pensions or insurance industry of any (or almost any) description. Solution Providers include Asset Managers, Buyout Providers, Investment Banks, Hedge Funds, Funds of Funds etc.
If you would like to join mallowstreet please enter your details in the registration section and we will be in touch.
What personal information will I be providing?
The information you will have to provide to us when you register to join mallowstreet is fairly standard: your name, the name of your organisation or pension fund and the nature thereof, your role, and your email address.
Once you have been approved, you will be advised to complete your personal profile on mallowstreet.com in order to introduce yourself to the community. Upload a photo, a bit about you and your work experience etc. As with all social media platforms, the more thoroughly you do this, the easier it will be for others to interact with you.
Is mallowstreet.com a secure site?
mallowstreet is built on an industry-leading platform and has been designed by us to be as secure as possible. The data on the servers is encrypted, as is all of the traffic between browsers and the mallowstreet site. mallowstreet does not share your personal contact details with the community.
For help ensuring the security of your information on mallowstreet, read our Password Tips below.
What communications can I expect to receive as a member of mallowstreet?
You should not get any spam as a result of joining mallowstreet. As part of an online community, you are likely to receive direct messages and connection requests from other members. mallowstreet sends out daily community emails to pension professionals and twice weekly emails to insurance professionals, Monday – Saturday, in order to keep you up to speed with the latest content available on the site.
You can manage your mailing preferences and choose the frequency at which you would like to receive these updates. You can also access further mallowstreet updates by finding us on LinkedIn or following us on Twitter. Our Twitter handle is @mallowstreet.
What are the rules of the community?
mallowstreet is a site for professionals in a regulated industry, therefore the relevant FCA restrictions apply.
Successful social media applications demonstrate that the most effective way to manage a community is to provide the tools needed to allow interaction in a professional manner, in a secure environment.
As such, we lightly monitor the interactions of our community but, in the responsible world of pensions professionals, we do not need to try to control what every member posts online.
We ask all of our users to act courteously when posting to the mallowstreet community in the interests of maintaining mallowstreet as a helpful, enjoyable and educational place.
We've laid out some Community Guidelines below that you should read and follow as you interact on mallowstreet.
• Be highly engaged and contribute your thoughts! The more you put in, the more you will get out.
• Ensure your comment is relevant to the content.
• Be patient with other users. Knowledge levels vary considerably, so try to contribute to the community by responding and helping others to learn.
• If someone posts something with which you disagree, that’s great, this can lead to lively debates. Just remember to be polite with your response and let them know the reasons.
• Let us know how we can improve the site or do things better.
• Have fun. This is designed to be a highly productive and engaging environment where you can meet people and share your ideas.
• Swear. No swearing is allowed on mallowstreet, (not even with ast~@%sks!).
• Get into slanging matches with other users. Any abusive comments will be removed. Serious abuse will result in the suspension of the poster. If you have an issue with a post, comment or other user please contact the team on email@example.com
• Make negative comments that you cannot justify about people or companies as this may be defamatory. Don’t mention any court cases as this may constitute a contempt of court.
• Spam other users by trying to over promote your website, business, or products and services. Repeated pestering will result in you being blocked by the other user, and, in extremis, removed from the site.
• Hassle your fellow members – we’re sure you won’t! If people want to talk to you, they will get back to you.
• Repeatedly re-post deleted topics or comments. Duplicates and copies of banned posts will be automatically deleted.
How do I register to join mallowstreet?
To join mallowstreet, please enter your details in the registration section and we will be in touch. Once we receive your registration, we will contact you usually within 24 hours (on working days) to confirm your details in order to approve your access.
All users can only access mallowstreet once they have been approved by the mallowstreet team. We apply a rigorous approval system to ensure the community is made up of only bona fide industry professionals. As such, and to facilitate the open and honest dialogues that happen within the community, we do not allow journalists or recruiters to join.
What are your password tips?
The first step in protecting your online privacy within any site is by creating a safe password - i.e. one that a computer programme or persistent individual won't easily be able to guess in a short period of time.
Here are some tips to help you:
• Include punctu@tion marks and/or numb3rs.
• Mix capital and lower case letters.
• Include similar looking substitutions, such as the number zero for the letter 'O' or '$' for the letter 'S'.
• Create a unique acronym.
• Include phonetic replacements, such as 'Luv 2 Laf' for 'Love to Laugh'.
• Periodically update and change your password.
• Use a password that is listed as an example of how to pick a good password.
• Use a password that contains personal information (name, birth date, etc.).
• Use words or acronyms that can be found in a dictionary.
• Use keyboard patterns (asdf) or sequential numbers (1234).
• Make your password all numbers, uppercase letters or lower case letters.
• Use repeating characters (aa11).
• Shout your password from the rooftops (don’t tell anyone)
• Write it down
I'm having trouble using my mallowstreet mobile app
The mallowstreet mobile app has been discontinued because we have replaced it with a mobile version of the website. To access mallowstreet on your mobile, simply log in as you would normally from your mobile browser.